The weather is finally getting cold enough in LA for the leaves to start falling off the trees, and collecting them is one of my daughter’s favorite activities. We decided to use some of the leaves she has collected around our neighborhood to dress up our table this fall.
- Leaves you have collected from around the neighborhood (any leaf large enough to write on will do, you can even mix and match different leaves!)
- 1 can of metallic gold spray paint. We used Rust-oleum Specialty Metallic in gold.
- 2″ wide satin ribbon. Each napkin requires 1.5 feet of ribbon. We used brown, but feel free to coordinate the ribbon with your own decor!
- Fine point black Sharpie marker
- Begin by gently brushing off any dirt from the leaves you have collected.
- Spray each leaf with the gold spray paint, but be sure not to spray the stems of the leaves. Only one coat of paint is needed for this project.
- Note: this is an outside project and it can get messy so we recommend using rubber gloves and a painter’s tarp or newspapers to cover your work surface.
- Once the paint is dry write the names of your dinner guests on each leaf with the Sharpie marker.
- Tie the ribbon around each napkin and place the gold leaf under the ribbon.
There you have it, a beautifully gilded leaf to add some shine to your fall dinner table.