When I find a product I love, I stick with it…which can be a good thing, but I recently realized that what once worked very well on my skin wasn’t as effective as it used to be. I decided it was time to refresh my skin care regime and introduce a new moisturizer. I tend to have a combination of skin issues that need tackling (hyper-pigmentation, fine lines, monthly hormonal breakouts), so finding the right moisturizer can be tricky.
We are so lucky that we live in a time where technology has brought us some amazing skin care products…there really are so many great brands out there, it is hard to narrow it down! I have always loved Peter Thomas Roth’s skin care line and I like this new Camu Camu Brightening Moisturizer. My skin feels hydrated, firm and it’s helped even my skin tone. After some trial and error we have come up with what we think are the best moisturizers for almost any skin type:
1. Peter Thomas Roth Max All Day Sheer Lotion ($42): This daily moisturizer with SPF 30 doesn’t clog pores, absorbs quickly, helps fight the signs of aging and hydrates beautifully. One of the best, most effective moisturizers with SPF out there!
2. Algenist Genius Cream ($110): An amazing anti-aging cream! This cream offers intense hydration making skin feel firm and refreshed. It absorbs quickly without being heavy or greasy.
3. Korres Black Pine Firming Cream ($68): Korres is a beautiful line, with natural, quality ingredients and this new cream is no exception. Skin feels restored and firm…and it smells fantastic!
4. Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment ($69): My good friend and beauty industry exec, Amy swears by Glamglow’s Thirstymud, we tried it and have to agree! This calming, intensely hydrating cream locks in moisture and improves skin’s elasticity and texture. Our skin felt dewy and fresh long after we applied it.
5. Supergoop SPF 30 City Sunscreen Serum ($42): Supergooop’s anti-aging SPF cream is another one of the best SPF daily moisturizers out there! It’s light weight, absorbs quickly, is not greasy and helps combat the signs of aging…all while protecting your skin from the sun.
6. Perricone MD Hyalo Plasma ($135): Packed with three types of Hyaluronic Acid, this treatment does wonders for the skin. Hyaluronic Acid binds moisture to the skin, leaving it more firm and toned while revitalizing it’s elasticity.
7. BeautyCounter Everyday AM Hydrating Cream ($40): BeautyCounter’s beautiful, light-weight formula is perfect for daily hydration. Rich with anti-oxidants, it fights the signs of aging, leaves skin feeling soft and well hydrated.