We took a little break on Memorial Day to relax and recoup with our families, so it’s been a couple weeks since we featured a things jane likes. We found so many amazing things we wanted to share in the last two weeks, it was hard to narrow it down to just 6…that’s what you get when you take a day off! We’ve jumped right back into the swing of things with a few new summer essentials including a new take on the boyfriend jean, yummy strawberry donuts, a breezy new home collection, and even a new kids clothing line that we just can’t get enough of. We hope you enjoy this week’s picks!
1. Rachel Shingleton, founder and creative director of Pencil Shaving Studio comments on her site, “I’ve never met a color I didn’t love” so there it is no surprise that we love all the colorful products in her online shop. Her happy iphone cases, cheerful pillows, and striped notepad are just a few of wonderful things that will brighten your day!
2. We all have our favorite pair of boyfriend jeans, but it’s all about the “girlfriend” jean right now: a slightly slouchy, slimmer version of the boyfriend. We love how Walk in Wonderland has styled them with pointy toe pumps and a comfy sweater, but you really can wear these with anything. We’ll be trying on these versions from the Gap, H & M, AG, and Frame.
3. Wallpaper on walls we love, but wallpaper on ceilings is such a fun and unexpected twist! It’s a great way to incorporate pattern and color into a room in a more subtle and playful way. My Domaine inspired us to see how we can incorporate this trend into our own homes, but we’ll be scouring Pinterest for some more ideas as well!
4. We are big fans of Lemlem, model Liya Kebede’s line of colorful and breezy beach coverups. You can imagine our excitement when we found out that she was launching a Lemlem bed and bath capsule collection at Anthrolpologie, available today! We particularly love the Gigi Pillow; it will add the perfect amount of bright, summery feeling to any room.
6. We recently discovered the holy grail of basics for kids! Primary offers items like basic t’s, shorts, pants, leggings and even reversible dresses and skirts in quality fabrics in a myriad of colors. What’s even more amazing is that nothing is over $25! Now we finally have a place where can go to stock up on wardrobe basics for our kids without breaking the bank!
Have a great week!
Ashley + Hallman