Happy Monday and Happy Birthday to Ashley! This week we found some really fun items that we are excited to share with you. There is a little something for everyone: a delicious recipe, a fabulous office, fashion tips, and more!
1. How was school today? Fine. Good. Fun. We have all asked our kids’ “How was school today?” and gotten an answer that tells us absolutely nothing. We loved this article from Simple Simon and Company on 25 Ways to ask your kids “so how was school today?” without asking “so how was school today”. There are some really fun and creative questions that will definitely get your kids talking!
2. We’re always looking for the latest “street style” trends, but sometimes they can be hard to pull off. That’s why we love Say Yes’s 20 ways to wear this Fall’s hottest trends. They compiled examples of some amazing Fall trends that are very comfortable and looks we can actually pull off!
3. We love everything Mindy Kaling does and this was a great week for Mindy Kaling fans. The new season of The Mindy Project premiered on Hulu, her new memoir Why Not Me? came out and we got to see her fabulously colorful office space in the new issue of Domino magazine. And on a side note, the Serena & Lily wallpaper in her office looks so amazing!
4. These DIY tissue paper lanterns by Tell Love and Party would add just the right amount of color to any party! You could change the color scheme to fit right into any party you’re having. We’re already thinking of so many fun was we can use them, whether it’s for a kid’s birthday party or even a Halloween party!
5. A Cup of Jo featured this delicious fettuccine with lemon recipe from Elizabeth Stein’s new book, Eating Purely and we can’t wait to try it. Pasta is the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner and this one looks like one the whole family will enjoy!
6. We have slight a obsession with Honest products and have been patiently waiting for Jessica Alba’s new Honest Beauty line to launch…and it finally did just last week! We’ve already ordered several products and can’t wait to give them a try.
Have a great week!
Hallman + Ashley