We love a pretty package and every year we experiment with different ways to make our wrapping fresh and fun. This year instead of coming up with just one wrapping theme, we came up with several..we just couldn’t help ourselves! No matter what color palette you pick there are so many fun ways to wrap a package we we’ve put together some helpful tips to up your wrapping game:
1 Tie it Up: We love to use baker’s twine or string instead of traditional ribbon. Wrap the twine around the package 5-10 times more of a statement.
2. Splatter Paint Your Paper: Spatter painting is a fun way to spice up plain wrapping paper and you can even get your kids involved! Try white paint on kraft paper or chalkboard paper, black paint on white paper or bright paint on white paper.
3. Add a Cute Gift Tag: Gift tags are the final garnish for any package. We’ve made it easy for you and created a Holiday gift tag template that will go with any wrapping theme. Print the template on card stock and you are all set. For more ideas, you can also use last year’s gift tag template.
4. Add Some Greenery: Whether you use a sprig or a mini wreath, greenery is welcome addition to any package. For a little pop of red, add some berries or even a candy cane…it’s is an easy way to make your package seasonal and festive.
6. Washi Tape: We love to use washi tape to attach gift tags or to make a design or pattern on your gifts.
7. Accessorize: Add small ornaments, paper lanterns, bells, pom poms or felt balls to your package as a finishing touch.
8. Mix Colors and Patterns: We love to mix stripes, polka dots and other patterns. If you are nervous about mixing patterns, mix patterns from of the same color or color family.
Kraft Paper with Black, White & Green
Red, White, Gold & Mint
Black, White & Gold
Merry & Bright
Some of our favorite sources for wrapping supplies this year include Paper Source for wrapping paper and ribbon, Sugar Paper for Target, Oh Happy Day and Rifle Paper Co. You can never go wrong with kraft paper, solid colored paper, polka dots or stripes. We also adore the from Santa tag from Sugar Paper. If you have fun with your wrapping it will make the process a lot more fun!
Hallman + Ashley